The Rivière-Bleue Heritage Corporation

A STATION, A HERITAGE, A CORPORATION

The CN station renovation is being carried out by the Corporation du patrimoine de Rivière-Bleue (the Rivière-Bleue Heritage Corporation). The Corporation is a not-for-profit organization established on August 3, 2006 to protect Rivière-Bleue’s heritage. Its primary goal is to renovate and operate the CN station, which is almost 100 years old (1913) and is the only Transcontinental station left.

The Board of Directors has 7-9 members, of which 3 are appointed by the Riverain Club, the Municipality and the Route des Frontières, respectively; the others are elected at the General Assembly, which is held in May.

The Municipality remains the owner of the building, but has mandated the Corporation to renovate and operate it in the future. The Riverain Craft Club is the Corporation’s main partner in the project. It will rent rooms for its boutique, and will have sole responsibility for the boutique’s policies and development. On a day-to-day basis, it will be responsible for managing the complex in exchange for compensation. The Corporation has direct control over the Museum and the Café, defines the station complex policies and manages the complex as a whole. Contracts will bind the parties. 

Look out for our heritage and become a friend of the station (in french)